Scuba Dive Cozumel
Scuba Dive Cozumel is the dream of all the divers. It is an underwater heaven that lives up to the expectations and reputation of the world’s best diving place. Cozumel has different types of dive sites to attract the divers, from shallow dives to the challenging drift, you will find everything there. It won’t be wrong to say that Cozumel has something for everyone.
Full of marine life, Cozumel is known for the second largest reef in the world (around 16 scuba diving reefs) and it is the second best dive site in the world. This is an island in Mexico which is 53 km long and 14 km wide, it became the famous dive site after undersea explorer Jacques Cousteau in 1960’s discovered the implausible marine life in Cozumel. From different coral formations to varieties of fish can be seen there. You can also see moray eels, lobsters, angelfish, nurse sharks, sting rays, barracudas etc.
If you are a non diver and want to learn diving, then there are many dive shops for you in Cozumel, which are there to teach you diving. If you are not trained then it is highly recommended to go for a reliable shop to learn diving. No doubt that scuba diving is expensive, but for sure it is worth the money. The rates of scuba dive Cozumel do not vary too much, but definitely the reputation of every dive shop varies. Try to do some research work before you go for any of the shop.
Basic information about Scuba Dive Cozumel
Depth of the site: It is between 9-27 meters.
Underwater visibility: It ranges from 24 to 30 meters.
Water Current: Depending on the season and the dive site you choose, the current can be mild to strong.
Water Temperature: Around 25degrees in winters and 29 degrees in summers.
Best season for diving: You can go anytime of the year but rainy season i.e. from May to September should be avoided.
Skill required: Whether you are a fresher, intermediate or an experienced diver, scuba dive Cozumel has something for everyone.
Tips for scuba Dive Cozumel
- Cozumel offers you 16 reefs to choose from, make the selection wisely. You can take the help of your trip advisor, and can choose the area as the part of your scheduled trip.
- Find the reputable and reliable diving company.
- As scuba diving in Cozumel is a very popular activity, so don’t forget to make your reservations, so that you can actually enjoy the beauty of Cozumel.
- It is highly recommended to go with a guide as they know everything about the place and can direct you the right way.
- Try to know little more about the marine life, so that you can enjoy this experience more and secondly you will also get to know which species can be dangerous for you.
Scuba Dive Cozumel is a great experience, it won’t be wrong to say that it is a heaven for all those who love nature, but don’t get carried away by the beauty of the nature, always keep in mind that your security is the main priority.